Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eastern High School, Class of '68 Reunion News


Class of '68 Celebrating 50 yrs  in 2018
dates & activities for 2018 Sunday May 20th- Churchill Downs / Hope folks will meet for dinner after races.  . . . .  general admission.  Gather at GATE 17 to create a group. Gates open at 11:3o AM, first call to the POST is 12:45 PM.   Track DRESS CODE: collared shirts/no denim

________________________________________________

Saturday, May 19th - 1 PM - Scavenger Hunt/bourbon tasting & cheese for Class of '68 members only and their spouses. Meet at the 'One Room Schoolhouse', room A124, in the Mellwood Art Center @ 1860 Mellwood Avenue (between Brownsboro Road and  Zorn Avenue). 

Hope everyone can make this. We plan to have a memorial for our counselor Rodman Tabb + classmates and teachers that have passed. Betty Southard Stokes & Barbara Lane Head coordinating . . . . . . You will need your digital cameras for the Scavenger Hunt. (no charge)
________________________________________________
 
 
______________________________________________________
Saturday night, May 19th - Grads & Guests Party
The Bristol
7 PM reception + cash bar
8 PM dinner in the party room

carriage rides can be arranged at front desk the front of the Seelbach Hotel.
Please bring your digital camera! Photo OPs planned!

________________________________________________
 
_____________________________________________

Communication: Email is the cheapest and best way to keep in contact. Please email bettystokes1@yahoo.com with your email address

Favorites: Put this blog on your computer favorites. Check in at least once a month for updates on events and how to make reservations & payments.

Payment: .  No advanced  deposit needed . Saturday night cost what you want to spend. I am hoping everyone will make contributions for the use of the party room.



contact: Betty Southard Stokes - bettystokes1@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. What an honor to be the first to comment on this blog site. Just yesterday, I was thinking about life without Scott Lockhart. I am so happy someone else has taken the bull by the horns. Count me in and I don't even play golf. My guess is Rick Murray must be behind this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear about the reunion and will try to attend. Living in Rhode Island is great but a long way from Louisville. jzcart@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like you had such a good time at the last reunion. I am sorry I missed it. We had a lot of good times at Eastern. I am making a strong effort to attend the next one. I'll be there if I am not playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terre and I wiil be there and I am almost sure Miller Lyons will be there also

    ReplyDelete